Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cricket and My Life

Every one in Indian sub continent understands the word CRICKET.
To share my views, cricket is my first love and it still happens to be special. The dating started long back when I was a toddler. Mom says, bat was the first toy which I dint bundle up in bin. I dont really recall the origin, but as a kid I was far away from childish games. Being one of the energetic ones, I always preffered outdoor sports to indoor ones. The love grew manyfold as I gew towards my youth.

Always enthralled by the whites of the game, I enjoyed reading newspaper for news of cricket, trying to grasp expert comments. Cricket is a Gentlemen's game is what I would digest in. Never missing an opportunity, I could get along with anyone and everyone if it was for cricket. The desire and passion would overcome every barrier, even studies, which are highly regarded back home. Looking at my passion for cricket, I was always black mailed in its name by my elders. Ready for any sacrifice, I learnt to get things done well in time. Guess, thats what is called true love.

Days progressed and months turned into years. The boyish me, was loaded with expectations and responsibilities only to see the rays of hope for cricket rising. When I was in school, I was almost sure about my carrier. Needless to mention, I was already a substantial part of local club.

When you say love, its more than mundane formalities. Its your day and its your night. The craze for cricket not only helped me in my day to day life but also taught one of the first lessons of life. The lessons which I can never forget. It gave me courage to face the odds. It gave me a never give up kinda attitude. It gave me the patience to plan things out. It gave me courage to think. And on top of everything, it gave me my confidence, my identity.

There are very few things in life which one treasures and I believe such things must be few in numbers. People close to me, love to call me cricket freak, lest to understand its my life. The devine treasure, thats what I love to call my game, my cricket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TT,
nice post.

Aniket said...

Long live Cricket...and CricketPremi's tooooooo !
Cheers !
Almost the same thoughts, wont write a blog, will direct it to yours ;-)

Parag Pathak said...

Nice one buddy!!